Sunday, August 14, 2005

Huh? Is the CCA Nuts?

I am trying to get keyed up for the Trials in the fall and looking everywhere for news items. I did not have to look far, and this is disturbing me!

What do I find at TSN but this amazing article - Colleen Jones' team is fined for signing too many autographs!
The Halifax Chronicle-Herald reports Jones received written notification of the fine on Monday. The CCA says she and her foursome lingered just a little too long following a game at the Scott Tournament of Hearts last February and continued to sign autographs for fans while failing to take direction from a CCA official.

An official with the association confirmed the fine.

It appears from the articles it was mostly children seeking autographs:

"I'm all for obeying officials and respecting people who are organizing the event, but come on," said Mary-Anne Arsenault. "These were little kids. We're trying to grow the game here."

Well, amen, but what is going on? Do the CCA also sell autographs and worry this devalues their product? What possible sense can this make?

1 Comments:

At 8/17/2005 8:43 a.m., Blogger Amateur said...

I thought I read somewhere that the CCA eventually dropped the fine, but I was unable to find any mention of that decision on the web.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home