Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Welcome to CURLING

Back in February, Alan Adamson and I (John Palmer, aka The Eclectic Econoclast) became very frustrated with the television coverage of major curling events, not just in Canada, but throughout the world. We began corresponding about what we thought about the games, the matches, and the organization of curling. Our correspondence led to this blog: Curling.

I have already written quite a bit about curling, both on my own blog and on The Sports Economist. But I will now start confining my thoughts on curling to this site.

Alan and I have both thrown a few rocks. We are not well-practiced curlers, but we are both good analysts in our day jobs, and we expect these skills to serve us well in this blog. As Kohler said in Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, [p21]
One does not need to have cancer to analyze its symptoms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home