Saturday, March 27, 2010

Some more Observations

As often happens with the games that start late in the eastern time zone, I missed the ending of last night's Page 1-2 Playoff between Canada and Germany. When I went to sleep, Canada had been curling well and was leading. When I awoke, Canada had given up a 4-ender through a series of missed shots and lost 6-3.

And it is not a foregone conclusion that there will be a re-match between the teams. Scotland effectively demolished Sweden this afternoon and looked very determined. Canada will have its work cut out for them this evening.

But of course I likely will not see the end of the game.... 8-(
[Update: I fall asleep early, but since tonight's game begins at 7pm EDT, I probably will see the conclusion.]

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3/27/2010 5:42 p.m., Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Good news for me is I have to be at the bus station between 7:30 and 8 so may well see the end of tonight's match.
I felt muddled about this afternoon's match - seems Sweden did a better job of giving it away than Scotland did. Of course Canada worked hard to make Germany look good too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home