Curl TV: + and -
CurlTV had announced before the 2006 World Men's Championship that they had exclusive coverage of the round robin draws. It turns out they don't. In fact, it seems they get to show whatever games the European networks aren't showing. For the most part, this doesn't matter to me, but it is disappointing at times when they cannot show highlights of the games involving Team Canada.
But that's the only major drag, and it isn't terribly serious.
The pluses are many:
- they have greatly improved the sound levels in their coverage.
- their use of the cameras has improved throughout the tournament.
- they will be covering the tie-breakers and the page playoff draws.
- they are showing Canada vs. Finland at 2pm Thursday.
- they are showing Canada vs. US at 7pm Thursday.
- (friggn day job -- I'll have to miss both telecasts, but Ms. Eclectic will be watching for sure).
I'm still unimpressed with the cliches of the announcers, but their insights are also valuable at times.