Friday, March 17, 2006

Picks for the Ford Women's World Championships

The Women's World Championship of curling begins tomorrow. This will be Kelly Scott's first trip to the Women's World Championship. She won the Canadian and World Junior Championships eleven years ago, in 1995, so she has competed and won at the world level. Also, she has shown over the past year or more that she and her rink have the ability to beat the best.

But is she good enough to defeat Anette Norberg and the Swedish rink? As much as I will be cheering for Team Canada, I pick the Swedes to repeat as World Champions.

Addenda: Watch for Japan and Norway to be spoilers. And, as before, I have a soft spot for the Danish team.

At the same time, you have to like the Swiss team -- the skip has a Master's Degree in Economics.

1 Comments:

At 3/17/2006 5:49 p.m., Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Somewhere I was sure I picked a Scott-Norberg final. Let us see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home