Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ontario Playdown

As Doc follows the Saskatchewan playdown, I am now ready for this afternoon's Rogers broadcast of the Ontario playdown.
I am pleased, nay delighted, that Krista McCarville's rink, who were a highlight of my past Scotties experience, have made the Ontario final. But the rink of the tournament so far is clearly that of Rachel Homan, which went 8-1 in the round-robin part of the playdown.
What is shocking to me is that Krista McCarville's rink is now the senior team!
This actually makes me very happy - it is nice to see there is a wave of younger people ready to take on the establishment. And it is interesting to see from the Homan team's web page that Olympic possibilities have been a big motivator.
I hope to live-blog the final, starting at 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home