Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Welcome News:
M&M Skins Canceled

From Sweepmag.com:
With regret, Shot Rock Curling has just announced that its annual M&M Meat Shops $100,000 Skins has been cancelled.
That is no loss, in my opinion. The skins format induces a very different game, and I don't much like it.

That having been said, it is too bad that a big money event is being canceled. Perhaps that sponsorship money will find its way more directly toward funding more tournaments that use traditional scoring.

1 Comments:

At 12/07/2005 9:15 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not so sure about inducing a different game - the 7th end of the Ferbey/Martin trials game sure looked like a skins game to me. I find the format very entertaining - setting up every rock to make the play on the last shot. The sellout crowd at last year's skins game seemed to like it too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home