Monday, April 14, 2008

Congratulations to Team Canada!

After suffering a heart-breaking defeat in the 1-2 playoff with Scotland, Team Canada defeated Norway in the semi-finals of the 2008 World Men's Championship and then defeated Scotland in the finals to win the overall championship (just as Alan and I predicted!).

Unfortunately, I was traveling and was unable to watch the game on television. And once I arrived in Houston, no one here had any idea who had won, so I had to wait until I had computer access to find out the result of the finals.

I'm sure both the men's and women's Canadian champions are grateful for the page playoff system, since they both needed that extra game to win their respective championships.

Even though the world championships have been decided, and even though the ice is on its way out at most local clubs, the season is not over. We'll try to keep up with the curling news throughout the rest of the year, leading up to the olympic trials.

Once again, congratulations to Kevin Martin and his rink. They certainly seemed dominant for most of the championship tournament.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home