Sunday, March 28, 2010

Canada Wins Bronze

Going into the 9th end, I set the odds at less than 50% that Canada would defeat Sweden in the bronze medal game of the 2010 Women's World Championship. And that was even though Canada was up one with the hammer.

But then Canada scored two in the 9th and was up by 3 going home and ran Sweden out of rocks.

The curling percentages for the game were low, but they still seemed higher than what we saw on the ice. There were lots of shots that I guess were made, but which really didn't turn out well ... for both teams.

I was impressed that the TSN announcers recognized the risk-reward trade-off made by Sweden. I was also impressed by Ray Turnbull's repetitive whini-ness. Despite all his contributions to broadcasting curling, it's time for him to quit. I won't miss him.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home