Thursday, February 10, 2011

Alberta: The times, they are a-changin'

Randy Ferbey is leaving the Brad Gushue rink to return to Alberta, curling with former teammate David Nedohin but with a new front end. And Cheryl Bernard has announced that her team will break up after the season is over.

In Ferbey's case, it appeared to have been conflict that led to the split:

“I’m done with them as of Oshawa,” he said of the last tour event a week ago.

“For me, I was done with them after Oshawa. For them, if you read between the lines, it was before. They quit on me."

But in Bernard's case, it appears to have possibly been more of a mutual decision:

Bernard ... spoke of wanting to go out on top and not dragging her team through to a fractured end where it was just going through the motions.

“I didn’t want it to be a like an old married couple where there’s no spark,” the Calgary skip said. “If we thought we could bottle and keep what we had for four more years, we might stay together. But I think we’re all in different places right now.”

Addendum: Even if Ferbey is right, that certainly wasn't a very politic thing for him to have said.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home