Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Disappointing Coverage of the Ontario Tankard

As regular readers of this blog know, the Saskatchewan Curling Association did a fairly decent job of making it possible for fans to follow events at their provincial championships in the past few weeks. They provided webcasts, and they had reasonably up-to-the-hour results for each of the sheets of ice for each draw.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see such fan-friendly treatment by the Ontario Curling Association. I'm not on Rogers or Comcast, so I am unable to see any of the televised draws (wouldn't you think that Rogers or Comcast would make their telecasts available over the internet?). And the OCA website is just plain lame. How about putting a heading-link for "results"?

However, I did manage to find this site which has some links to current information about what is happening at the Ontario Tankard. And finally, from that site, after much search, I located this site, which does, in fact, provide up-to-date scores for each end on each sheet of ice.

Holy Crow! Now that I've been there I see that Howard scored SEVEN in the 3rd end against Higgs to lead that game 11-2, at which point Higgs resigned. Sure would like to know the details of THAT game!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home