Friday, March 11, 2011

All-Stars at the 2011 Tim Hortons Brier

I expect that how a member of the media votes for the all-stars should remain confidential, but I'd be interested in feedback concerning my selections

Position 1st team 2nd team
Lead: Hebert,(AB) ; Muyer,(SK)
2nd: Kennedy,(AB) ; Laing,(ON)
Vice: Mead,(MN) ; Hart,(ON)
Skip: Stoughton,(MN) ; Howard,(ON)


Muyer's numbers weren't the second best, but he was very impressive as a young rookie. I know I wasn't the only person to have put him on my ballot.

Also, I wonder if I was the only person not to mention anyone from NL on my ballot. That wasn't by design; it was just the way things fell out on my ballot. They were all good, but nobody from NL placed in the top three by curling percentages at any position, and I saw no compelling reason to place any of them ahead of the ones listed above (though I might be willing to consider Gushue over Howard at Skip).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3/11/2011 6:36 p.m., Blogger Alan Adamson said...

I actually picked Gushus #1; skipping is more than shooting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home