Friday, April 01, 2011

Predictions

I cannot say I have learned much from watching the practice sessions.
My own guess is Ulsrud and Stoughton; Ulsrud seems to think so too.
Ulsrud said he was glued to the online Brier broadcast from his home in Oslo. He was impressed with Stoughton's shotmaking, and also breathed a sigh of relief that Alberta's Kevin Martin wouldn't be competing at the world championship this year.
It was Canada's Martin who defeated Ulsrud to win the gold medal at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver.
"I'm actually glad (Martin) isn't here," Ulsrud said with a laugh. "Jeff still is the big favourite, for sure. There was something about Martin when he was on his game, he was very tough to deal with.
"I'm not saying Jeff is going to be easy. Not at all. Jeff looked solid. He looked solid all week (at the Brier). There's a reason why he's here. He's very good and he'll be the guy to beat."
Can Team Edin finally rock the house with more than personality?
We don't mention the Swiss but they beat Edin at the Olympics and have had some good teams.
Just for fun I will pick Norway. I suspect this means Jon Mead might have to have one less than completely amazing game.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home