Saturday, April 01, 2006

What Happened to Markku Uusipaavalniemi?

I am watching Draw 1 of the Men's 2006 World's Curling Championship on CurlTV. Their featured game is Finland vs. Switzerland, and the Swiss are kicking butt, 7-3 after seven ends with the hammer.

Only half way through the draw did I realize that Markku Uusipaavalniemi is not skipping for Finland. Instead, Kalle Kiiskinen, Finland's third, is throwing skip's stones.

I suppose the announcers explained why he isn't skipping, but I missed it. Also, I'm unable to find any explanation on any of the usual websites that I check.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Update: During Draw 2, the CurlTV announcers told us that Uusipaavalniemi is still sitting out because of sore wrists.

Sore wrists? The guy is a skip.... he doesn't have to sweep all that much. They would have to be seriously sore to keep the guy out, I should think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home