Thursday, March 08, 2007

Sudden Death at the Brier

This afternoon's draw at the 2007 Tim Hortons Brier pits Saskatchewan (6W and 4L) against the Territories (also 6W, 4L), and it is the feature game on TSN (which I am trying to watch on-line at work, but which still has a number of tentative freeze-ups, perhaps because I tend to keep lots of windows open?). If either Sask or NWT/Yukon loses, they will be eliminated from even the possibility of making the play-offs.

Also, N.Ontario, also at 6W, 4L, is playing for its life against Ontario (9W, 1L) and will be eliminated if they lose, too.

Overall, I have really enjoyed the high quality of the curling, and I am relieved to see that there are fewer picks in these more recent games [I-told-you-so digression: the most recent attempt to fix things involved a discussion of "dust"].

What will really disappoint me now (how's this for whining?) will be if there are no tie-breaker games leading up to the play-offs. I love watching those, and I love watching curling. If there are no tie-breakers, does this mean I'm going to actually have to do something else when there's no curling on TV this weekend? 8-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home