Monday, February 11, 2008

Brier Outlook

OK we know who is representing Ontario!

Ontario : Glenn Howard

What about the rest of the country? Let me say I am impressed how the Brier site offers a link to the provinces.

Alberta - playdown is this week - is this something we can watch on the Web or anywhere? Should be brutal.

BC - also this week - but what a useless web site they have - very hard to navigate - UPDATE - Ursel (thanks for the comment)

Manitoba - the week after next! wow

NB - also late this month - and another crappy site

Newfoundland-Labrador - looks as if it is also end of the month, but their site is also pretty obscure - UPDATE - Gushue - again thanks to our intrepid commenter

Northern Ontario - I think they say Eric Harnden's rink is in the Brier - generally a pretty decent site, with more than just scores

NWT/Yukon - this week

Nova Scotia - Brian Rafuse rink - surprise victor over Shawn Adams - article on the front page of the website - nice work, guys

Ontario - OK, I know, but can you get the news up?

PEI - took me one click to find out it is the Peter Gallant rink

Quebec - I think the playdown is just starting - hard to tell - why is this so difficult - should it not be the thing to keep us fams going?

Saskatchewan - Yay!! This is what I like - front page tells me it is the Pat Simmons rink coming to the Brier.

Why is this so difficult? Do the various provincial associations not care about people who want to know about their playdowns and who will be representing the province at the Brier.

This just makes me think the sport has still a lot of work to do if it really wants exposure. I have been a bit disheartened this year, as it seems to me there is a lot less coverage of curling than in previous years. I do not know if I am right about this, but if I am, it is surely partly because the various groups behind the sport promote it so poorly.

Tomorrow I will try to figure out who wil be at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts. You all have ONE day to fix your web pages!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2/11/2008 10:38 p.m., Blogger Jason Thomas said...

The links on Sweep! magazine's page www.sweepmag.com are better than the CCA's, as they link directly to the event/club site instead of the general provincial curling association.

As you can see, BC (Ursel) and NFLD (Gushue) have already been decided. QC will be determined tomorrow

 
At 2/12/2008 6:45 a.m., Blogger Alan Adamson said...

Fantastic! Thanks!

 
At 2/12/2008 9:31 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Manitoba will be decided on Feb 17 (not "the week after next"). Their website is very clear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home