Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Roar of the Rings -- Early Reflections

Because of my day job and other activities, I have been unable to watch nearly as much of the Roar of the Rings as I had hoped to watch. One of the things that has impressed me, though, is how good the non-favourites have been. The Howard rink has squeaked by with a couple of wins; Martin looked shaky against some impressive competition. And so many rinks, including Simons and Stoughton are looking quite good (despite lapses now and then).

And on the women's side, the Scott rink hasn't dominated as I expected them to. And even though the Jones rink was VERY impressive last night, they looked quite weak in their first two losses. At the same time, McCarvill looks better than she ever has at the Scott. And the Kleibrink rink is doing better than I expected, too. And that doesn't even include the others who are doing so well!

So, based on the early rounds, the Roar of the Rings is everything we hoped it would be and more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home