Friday, October 23, 2009

It's That Time of Year!

Well, it has been for a while, and we've been a bit lazy, but I suspect we'll be around for the season now.
Currently, the Grey Power World Cup of Curling is running, with what may well be the best field of the year to come (though I imagine the Canadian Olympic Trials do trump this one).
It is a little ominous looking at the championship sponsors. It means that if this gets onto TV we will suffer the most annoying TV ad in the history of the universe. I embed below a video response to this ad, which really does not hit all the obnoxious things about it, but captures one viewpoint, and identifies the insurance company responsible.
But the good news in this tournament for those of us who did not subscribe to CurlTV is that the CBC is streaming (free!) CurlTV's broadcasts. Just go to cbc.ca/sports.
I am coming to love this new world, and, I hate to say it, but thanks, CBC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home