Saturday, March 05, 2011

2011 Brier

This is by way of a test post just to let readers know we'll be blogging the Brier this year from London, Ontario. I suspect we'll post on most of the draws, except that I am a bit under the weather today so may pass on the evening draw (also I don't think I want to drive in the dark in the predicted weather conditions).
Opening ceremonies upcoming; I walked in the door with the pipe band. Yesterday, just checking out the media room, I got a very friendly greeting from Russ Howard, who has never seen me before. He is turning into a Maritimer.
An interesting side point for country music fans is that the national anthem will be sung by London's own Marie Bottrell. I remember enjoying her songs; a couple of summers ago I was eavesdropping on a conversation on the beach in Port Stanley in which one woman was excitedly telling another that she's been at a Loblaws, and was amazed to discover that Marie Bottreell was her cashier. At least there is one community that has not forgotten her.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home