Thursday, February 26, 2009

Log Jam..... Again

Wow, isn't it fun to speculate about the standings, the play-offs, and potential tie-breaker games?

After Wednesday night's play, the BC rink had clinched a spot in the play-offs of the 2009 Scott Tournament of Hearts, but after that, there were two rinks tied at 6-3, followed by FIVE (count 'em, 5) rinks tied at 5-4.

When Alan and I were covering the Scott for CHRW news a few years ago in London, Ontario, this type of situation led to all sorts of fun, speculation, mathematical computations, etc. among the media as we discussed all the options. I'm sure it will be no different this morning in Victoria, and I'm sure the TSN telecasters will be going into orgasmic delight over the possibilities. It is loads of fun!

Unfortunately, I'll have to miss the first two draws today (on the road, again; first in Hanover, then in London; sadly, both in Ontario, not Europe). And after all the day's activities, I'll probably fall asleep before the 17th draw this evening at 9:30pm EST.

Maybe I'll take a nap when I get home...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home