Sunday, March 29, 2009

China Wins the 2009 Women's World Curling Championship

I saw only the first two ends before drifting off to sleep. What I saw was a pretty good indication of the outcome (China defeated Sweden 8-6). The Chinese team looked very good, and the Swedish team looked less good. I see that by the end of the game, the curling percentages were the same for the two teams, but I wouldn't have expected that from what I saw in the first two ends.

Meanwhile, Canada lost the bronze medal game to Denmark. The teams seemed to be fairly even, forcing each other to take only one point in each end. But then Denmark scored a big three, and Canada couldn't recover from that.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9/19/2009 11:22 p.m., Blogger Huskers-For-Palin said...

Hi there,

Looking to acquire a 2009 pin from the women's curling worlds. Any ideas?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home